Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This blog is about...

I've almost eliminated the need to use paper in my workflow. I tend to only deliberately use paper for proof reading documents. Apart from that the only other paper I use is that which is forced upon me by others.

Everything I do is organised through the use of technology. I've been converted to this way of working since owning my first PDA, a hand me down from my late father Jef (a Compaq iPaq - see my gdgt list). He moved a fair way into the digital realm too. He didn't quite make the total transition, but this was more to do with a love of stationary and the physicality of writing, drawing and painting. He loved all things tech too.

Thanks to the Internet, cloud computing and the increasing affordability of consumer technology, going digital has never been easier. With iPhones, net books, and now iPads, mobile computing has come into the mainstream. Back in 2003 when I had my first PDA, it was anything but.

This blog will endeavour to capture the ways in which I work digitally. I've learned a lot in this time and thought I'd share some of the tech, the apps and the creative workarounds I've come up with that enable me to use technology effectively, to improve my productivity and workflow - to keep the pieces together and in sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TC's shared items